icon
title

View from the north, 9 OF 16

menu
north plan The north transept marks the major internal division of the church separating east from west, choir from nave. In the fifteenth century a door was cut in the center of the north wall below the windows and a porch, called St. Thomas's Porch by virtue of its proximity to a chapel dedicated that saint in the north transept, marked the entranceway. The porch was reset in 1791 on the grounds of St. Edmund's College, now the Council House.